Sunday, June 30, 2013

Advocare Cleanse Day 7

Today started bright and early at 5:30 waking up for a 5K with my mom and sister. I was determined to beat my PR of 29:53, so I took down a spark and got all ready. Don't we look fierce?
Wanna guess my time?

29:53.

Yeah, go ahead and try to repeat your PR twice. I dare you.

Oh well, I'm disappointed but I will do another race in September and go after it again. My knee hurt pretty bad (I have some super sweet early arthritis) and I got a side ache about mile 2 which caused a short walk. Next time!
My dad decided to pity my lack of really good running shoes and bought me a little slice of heaven.
Brand new Saucony Hurricane 15's. I am so pumped to use them that when I got home I made Alex take a walk with me on the trail near our house. Seriously how beautiful is it though? 
Pure serenity.

For dinner we made turkey burgers and sweet potato fries. 
The turkey burgers I used:
1 lb Jennie O Ground Turkey
Grated red onion
2 cloves minced garlic
Chopped cilantro to taste
Mrs. Dash Chipolte seasoning

Mix it all together with your hands except the Mrs. Dash. Divide them into 4 even burgers and season with Mrs. Dash. We grilled inside in the cast iron skillet.

For the fries, cut up one sweet potato into fries, toss with olive oil and garlic powder. Bake at 425 for 8 minutes, rotate pan and turn fries, and cook for 8 more minutes. 

We used a lettuce leaf as a bun and topped with tomato and sliced red onion. Delish.

This cleanse is really growing on me. Back to fiber drink tomorrow though :/




No comments:

Post a Comment