Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day and Family Time

This weekend was pretty busy, but all full of super important things. Like napping, eating, family, and more eating.
Friday night was my first book club meeting. It went pretty well, and I'm glad that everyone else agrees she sounds innocent. Weird but innocent. This book was really an eye opener, and once again, never visiting Italy. I have already finished next month's book, so let's hope I have a good memory.
Saturday morning Alex and I went to RIPPED class at our gym. It was a ridiculously hot, sweaty, and hard circuit class that made me want to die a little bit.  Then we headed back to Parkersburg for some Father's Day action with my family. Which usually consists of food, games, and more food. Alex whooped us all at this game:
But it is super fun, and a lot like that addicting app that everyone played last fall.
Sunday morning dad and I were up a few minutes hours before everyone else, so we took a walk around town and up to grab coffee and the paper. Sometimes I forget just how "open" some areas of town still are, even after 5 years. 
After a light lunch, mom decided we should go asparagus hunting. I haven't been since I was a child, so it was a really good time. Alex had his first experience as well, so it was exciting. My red headed self clearly sunburned, but it was worth it. We managed to score quite the haul. 
Then we headed home and made some turkey dogs and grilled asparagus for dinner. Just toss it with olive oil and salt, and grill on each side for 4 minutes. Then it looks delicious like this:
Mmm. Now I'm eating exclusively asparagus for the week and I'm not mad.

No comments:

Post a Comment