Wednesday, June 19, 2013

On Wednesdays We Wear Pink

Bootcamp tonight consisted of some jumping, running, skipping, nosediving. You know, the usual soccer drills. Either way I left sweaty and tired, so I expect I lost 5 pounds. I also may have talked my friend Angie into the Des Moines half marathon in October. I would do it... With a friend. Maybe.

Tonight I made a shrimp penne rosa recipe modified from this pin on Pinterest. Most of my recipes are modified for 2 people, but I don't believe in small portion sizes so you can modify from there. I also almost always weigh my ingredients instead of measuring with cups as I find it is truly the most accurate.

Penne Rosa with Shrimp

6 oz Smart Taste Penne pasta
170 g medium shrimp, thawed and tails removed
1/2 T olive oil
Red pepper flake
2 cloves minced garlic
170 g baby Bella mushrooms
2 small Roma tomatoes 
1/2 C Prego heart smart Red pepper sauce
75g Oikos plain Greek yogurt
2 C baby spinach 

First, boil water and cook penne to desired texture. While cutting veggies up, heat the oil in a deep skillet on medium. When hot, add the garlic and red pepper flake. After about 2 minutes, add mushrooms and tomatoes. I like to cut my tomatoes in pretty big chunks, just to keep them together more. Cool for 5 minutes, until mushrooms release all their water. Then turn it up to medium/hot and add shrimp. Mmm.
Cook until shrimp is heated, about 3 minutes ( I use pre cooked). Then remove from heat and add spinach. Cover and let wilt for 2 minutes.
While that's going, drain pasta. After 2 minutes put back on low heat and stir in pasta, yogurt, and pasta sauce. 
Proceed to devour.

For 2 servings it is 451 calories and 35g of protein. And worth it. It took Alex and I about 3 minutes to take care of this pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment