Saturday, July 20, 2013

Better Than Everything Cupcakes

When I find an unhealthy dessert or food that I love, I take it almost as a personal challenge to recreate it with lower calories. Today I took on Better than Sex cake. We all love it. My swimsuit on the other hand...

1 box Betty Crocker Moist Supreme Red Velvet cake mix
12 oz Diet Coke
1 tub Cool Whip Free
1 box Jello sugar free cheesecake pudding
2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
3 packets 100 calorie Oreos

Mix the cake mix and diet coke. Pour into 24 cupcake liners and bake as directed. 

Then, let them cool and poke some holes in them. I went at them with a spatula handle, but really anything small will work.

Mix the jello pudding and almond milk for about 5 minutes with a mixer, or whisk it by hand. Fridge it for about an hour. It will not be thick like pudding by any means. Spoon it onto the top of the cupcakes and make sure it gets into the holes you poked. 

Then stick them in the fridge for a few hours at least, or until ready to serve. Before serving, top with cool whip. Crush the Oreo packets up and sprinkle on top.

This is for sure a fork cupcake. 

It is so good. And really mimicked the flavors of the unhealthy version. One of these babies will run you 93 calories. 

For dinner I made a flatbread pizza. I found some Fit & Active flax flatbreads at Aldi that are delicious. Top it with 1/4 cup  Ragu home style pizza sauce, red pepper flake, oregano, 14g turkey pepperoni, and 28g Velveeta shreds pepper jack. 


Bake for 10 minutes at 425. 

You could really add anything to it, it was pretty good. 225 calories and 19g of protein in what I used. 

No comments:

Post a Comment